Flavoury Mango Pickle
( Malayalam - Manga Inji Velluli Achar )
- 1 kg unripe mango pieces cut in small pieces
- 250 gram powdered salt
- 125 gram chilly powder
- 50 gram mustard seeds
- 25 gram fenugreek seeds
- 100 gram ginger
- 100 gram garlic
- 100 gram green chillies, slit lengthwise
- 2 tablespoon turmeric powder
- Quarter litre sesame oil
For Seasoning the Pickle
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- Half tablespoon fenugreek seeds
- 2 table spoon curry leaves
How to Make Mango Pickle ?
- Roast the mustard and the fenugreek seeds and grind them to a fine powder.
- Clean the ginger and garlic and grind them to a fine paste.
- Clean the mango pieces with a dry cotton cloth and make sure they are dry and no moisture remain.
- Mix the mango pieces, salt, chilli powder, roasted powder and turmeric powder well in a dry plate.
- Mix the ginger-garlic paste and the slit green chillies in another plate.
- Heat the oil and saute the seasoning ingredients. Pour it over the masala paste.
- Wait till it cools down and once its cool mix the masala paste and the mango mixture well.