Sunday, April 22, 2007

The serpent and the snake




One thing we all must agree to is that rock bands certainly do have a way with their names. I mean, come to think of it who would listen to some snake hissing for 20 minutes unless it’s by the rock band named ‘whitesnake’? I for one would have passed out and reached the right side of jesus on hearing a snake hiss for fraction of a sec. So naturally the only snake I like is whitesnake.


Formed by deep purple david coverdale not necessarily in response to comrade richie blackmore’s formation of ‘rainbow’, what was most interesting about whitesnake is that their early songs were mostly covers of famous blues numbers. And it was this blue streak indeed that gave the snakes their first accord. A beautiful cover of bobby bland’s ‘aint no love in the heart of the city’ made it done for them. Early albums featured such blues along with some singles earlier featured in coverdale’s solo albums.






Being formed in 1977, the band certainly became emboldened with the glam rock scenario of the 80s and the whitesnake’s albums became much rockier and their antics..much crazier with all the glam elements present including protruding crotches.


Despite of that a list of famous musicians long enough to stretch from lal kila to the WTC or whats left of it joined the snakes as guest musicians. The list includes jon lord who is one of my favourites. So at least due to sympathy for me, listen to snake songs featuring lord, awright?


For those who wanna get snake bitten , my recommendations are the albums ‘trouble’( featuring jon lord) and ‘ready an’ willing’. After that u r in eden.


Peace!


17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I grew up with Whitesnake adorning my bedroom walls. I've seen them play live twice and my ultimate goal in life was to become there hairdresser! Seriously. (I grew out of it!) :o)

Erkemao said...

Great Great Band!!! I remember my teenager years. Europe, Bon jovi, Deff Leppard, etc...

Thnx for visiting my blog!

Very Nice yours! I loved the post.

mim said...

Thanks for your visit.I like the yours, too, and world critics. Sorry for my poor english (language).

Anonymous said...

Gracias por tu comentario en mi blog.

Blog da Mary said...

That´s good you like the blog, it is nice to me
to receive praises.
Its blog is very good! Congratulations
Thank you for the visit

Hugs

Mary

****BLOG DA MARY****
http://maryvillano.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Hi! Thanks for your visit...Interesting blog.

RoBi said...

Hey, nice to see that we share same music interest also!
Thank you for stopping by, I like your blog too and will defenitely be back.

Suzanne said...

What an interesting and eclectic blog. Thanks for your visit to mine!

kranki said...

I like your content but some of the english writing is hard to follow.

Thanks for the links.

Clifford said...

Great music comes in many forms and in this case, from a vast amount of eccentrically named groups.

Dabija Alina said...

Thank you for your comment. You are very nice. I wish you come back and read more about my posts. I am looking forward hearing from you.

Unknown said...

gr88 choice though not fan but like them good b;og

^*^SpYk3^*^ said...

Thanks for the comment youre blog is nice to....& full with a lot of stufs ...bye bye

Mad Max said...

awwww...awesome band matee..awesome band indeed...some of their ballads are really awesome...and thanks for visiting my blog

Preity Angel... said...

Hi Dear,

Thanks for your comments as I like your blog wow...thats amazing

Preity

http://jollypreity.blogspot.com

Preity Angel... said...

Hi Dear,

First of all thanks for your nice comments and stopping by....as I like your blog as well..thtz amazing..

Preity

http://jollypreity.blogspot.com

Preity Angel... said...

Hello DEAR,

I like your blog...and all of them nice articles you wrote.

Keep it up
Preity Angel
http://cutepreity.blogspot.com

Google